Monday, September 11, 2006

The Harp Has But Six Strings

Some people create doodles on paper - letting their hand pass along the page freely, letting the shapes and colors easily emerge. I doodle on my guitar. My best doodles are done when I'm deep in thought about something else, and I let my fingers glide along without any planning or conscious thought.

My doodles help me relax. Sometimes, they express things which are beyond my abilities with words. I've never recorded a doodle before now, but here, for my patient and indulgent readers is a short sample.



(This doodle is played with my guitar tuned down a half-step, so it is played in C, but voiced in B.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Big-S Skeptic said...

Mellow and sweet! I like! (I play too.)

September 12, 2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger dbs said...

Much thanks...

September 14, 2006 12:07 AM  
Blogger Nicole N. said...

Nice... Sweet... just doodling?

October 05, 2006 3:46 AM  
Blogger Billie Jean said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 08, 2006 6:15 AM  
Blogger Ben Avuyah said...

That's a beauty !!! I actually had a littel finger picking (modified travis) I was going to post with a few words here and there, but now I am embarrased to...your much better than I am.

YOu should post another one some time.

January 06, 2007 5:52 PM  
Blogger dbs said...

Ben,

Thanks. I assure you that I'm at least as self-concious as you. If you've got music inside of you, post it.

January 07, 2007 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home