Monday, May 08, 2006

Welcome, and welcome back...

First of all, I am pleased and relieved to see that Ger Tzadik has returned from the black hole from whence he vanished. His excuses for not blogging are rather lame, (my own theory being that he gave up Judaism for Lent, or was hanging out with the really cute Hindu girl down in marketing). But at least he graced us with a Monte Python line upon his return.

On a (way too) serious note, I'd like to welcome a two interesting new writers to the "Posters from the Edge" list.

First is the excellent and interesting (and, yes, somewhat obscure) Knowledge Problems, by Big S skeptic. While I think that you will enjoy the writing and ideas, I must warn you that he has (and I've researched this extensively) the worst titles ever used for blog posts - making the GH's puns and 70's song take offs look like pure poetry by comparison. That said, he is a very smart guy with a lot to say. If any of you have sons in yeshiva, I recommend that you (overlook the title and) read this post (especially the part about the Kitzur, which was, believe it or not, used as a sex ed book in Baltimore, when I was in high school).

If you are Frum and are looking for a skeptic who is really intent on picking a fight with you, or if you're just interested in another perspective, and some interesting reading, I can recommend Just Me's blog Recoveing Ortho Skeptic. Before you get turned off by some of the content and graphics, I suggest reading this post. Beneath all that skeptical scorn beats the heart of a poet.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Jewish Freak said...

Thanks for the links> I really enjoyed them

May 10, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Ben Avuyah said...

Good links, just enough reading material for lunch time !!

May 10, 2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger Big-S Skeptic said...

Likewise, thanks very much for the link! I think I may now have finally broken through the 2-reader barrier. Break out the scotch, I say.

May 10, 2006 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home